Under our kitchen sink looked something like this. (I forgot to take before pics but this one is so so very close.)
It was extremely gross and damp and dark...I didn't even want to put my hand in there fearing bugs and snakes. Completely logical.
So. After a quick trip to Target and an hour of sorting/yelling at the dog to stop licking the Soft Scrub bottle... I was able to get the mess organized.
Shelf liner / Dry erase tags / Storage bins / Flower pot (similar)
It really helped to pull everything out. Literally, every single thing. I was amazed how much trash there was. Lots of junk also - things we used for one specific purpose when we moved in and wouldn't need to use again. Also many things didn't even need to be in this cabinet!
After you get everything out, it's an easy process if you want to do for yourself:
1) Sort everything together. We had a bunch of metal cleaners, brushes, etc. Group whatever you can.
2) Consolidate any doubles, no need to have 2 bottles of anything! This helps create more space.
3) Throw away anything you won't use again. And trash. #nobrainer
4) Move anything that doesn't belong under the sink to other, more appropriate spaces in your home. For example, we kept paper towels under the sink. But sometimes a roll would get slightly wet (not going to say moist) and ruined. We moved the paper towels to a different (and drier) space which created more room!
5) Label your bins. This helps to keep things organized in the future. It's hard to put a brush in the wrong bin when there is a bin specifically labeled for it! I purchased dry erase tags so we can easily change in the future if we get more/different cleaning products.
It's now quick and easy to get what you need - especially that I'm not scared to go in there!
Happy organizing to you and happy birthday to Miss Martha.